Thursday Plantation Vapour Rub
A couple of months ago I was looking for a change with my face skin care regime. At first I was looking for products for aging skin but I found that they made me break out AND there was just too much STUFF in them, that I honestly didn’t know what I was actually using. On a total whim I picked up a 3 stage cleaning system by Thursday Plantation while strolling the natural aisle at Superstore. Let’s just say I love it, and am so happy that I made the change.
I received the most beautiful package a few weeks ago with four Thursday Plantation essential oils, a diffuser and a recipe book. Yes, you read that right – a recipe book. I am really excited be using products on my family that I know are safe, and better yes, know what’s in them!
I decided to try the Thursday Plantation Vapour Rub for Kids (and Pregnant Moms)
For my base I decided to use Shea butter and I found mine HERE on Amazon (cause you guys know how addicted to Amazon Prime I am)
It was incredibly easy to make. All you need is a couple of bowls, a kettle to help soften your base, your essential oils and glass jars for the finished product.
- 1/2 Cup of Shea Butter
- 8 drops of Thursday Plantation Eucalyptus Essential Oil
- 8 drops of Thursday Plantation Lavender Essential Oil
- 6 drops of Thursday Plantation Peppermint Essential Oil
- 6 Drops of Thursday Plantation Tea Tree Essential Oil
1 – Melt your cream place by placing the small bowl in a larger bowl of hot water, stir until it is a melted consistency ( I may have rushed this step a bit – lol) remove from heat.
2 – Once soft, remove the oils one at a time, mixing thouroghly.
3 – Once mixed, let it cool enough to test on your skin.
4 – Pour the finished product into your glass jars.
For adults you can use the following measurements:
- 10+ drops of Thursday Plantation Eucalyptus Essential Oil
- 8+ drops of Thursday Plantation Tea Tree Essential Oil
- 8+ drops of Thursday Plantation Peppermint Essential Oil
- 6+ drops of Thursday Plantation Lavender Essential Oil
I am so thrilled with how it turned out, and more excited that I have a product to use on my kiddos when they are sick and I know exactly what I am using on them!